ACA@UBC 2017 Seminar and Symposium
February 9, 2017 09:00 - February 10, 2017 16:30
Theme: Managing the Analogue
We’re excited to announce details about our ninth annual international Seminar and Symposium, Managing the Analogue, which will be held at UBC from February 9 to 10, 2017. In a time where our archival backlogs are steadily increasing, questions must be asked about how we can manage an often overwhelming amount of physical records. Furthermore, in an increasingly digital world, archives must have a solid understanding of how to regulate analogue materials before they can hope to proficiently and effectively manage digital records.
Event dates and location: The seminar consists of interactive panels with a range of speakers, while the symposium features presentations in which speakers express their personal opinions and share their experiences. Students, academics, and professionals are invited to attend both events and to actively participate in the seminar. Seminar sessions will be held on February 9th at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre. The symposium will take place on Friday, February 10th at the Frederic Wood Theatre (6354 Crescent Road, UBC).
Confirmed speakers to date:
- Raymond Frogner: National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation, University of Manitoba
- Theresa Rowat: The Archive of the Jesuits in Canada
- Robert McIntosh: Library and Archives Canada
- Mary McIntosh: Government Records Service, BC Ministry of Finance
- George Blood: George Blood, L.P.
- Terry O’Riordan: Provincial Archives of Alberta
- Christina Kovac: The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration