February 10, 2016 10:00 - February 12, 2016 16:30
Follow on Twitter: #acaubc2016
Theme: Preserving Liquid Communication
The 2016 seminar and symposium will focus on the preservation of informal communications in cloud environments generated through the use of social media. Archivists, records managers, and other information professionals will discuss the nature of social media output, the identification of what should be preserved, methods of preservation and provision of access, and legal issues related to intellectual rights, privacy, right to be forgotten, and more.
- Friday, February 12, 2016, Frederic Wood Theatre, 9:30am-4:30pm
- Wednesday February 10, 2016 and Thursday February 11, 2016, Dodson Room, IK, Barber Centre, 10:00am-4:00pm.
Confirmed Speakers to date:
- Amelia Acker, University of Pittsburgh
- Greg Bak, University of Manitoba
- Melanie Chen, San Jose State University
- Pat Franks, San Jose State University
- Babak Hamidazeh, University of Maryland
- Erin O’Meara, Bill Gates Foundation
- Kate Theimer, ArchivesNext.com