IFLA MetLib Conference 2017
April 30, 2017 18:00 - May 5, 2017 16:00
Theme: Partnerships: Creating a New Vision for Libraries
The MetLib conference is the annual gathering of metropolitan libraries, held by the IFLA Section on Metropolitan Libraries (formerly INTAMEL)
The co-hosts are Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ) and the City of Montréal.
The MetLib 2017 Montréal program entitled Partnerships: Creating a new vision for libraries will delve deeper into the different aspects of partnerships by exploring the following sub-themes:
- What is a partnership; why and how should they be formed;
- Types of partnership: philanthropy, round tables, etc.;
- Partnership management tools, such as operational frameworks, policies, guidelines and regulations;
- Partnership pros and cons;
- Best practices, success stories and learning opportunities;
- Surprising and innovative intersectoral partnerships between: government departments, associations, cultural organizations, the scientific community, schools, professional associations, etc.