Workshop for Instruction in Library Use (WILU)
May 30, 2016 09:00 - June 1, 2016 13:40
The Workshop for Instruction in Library Use (WILU) is Canada’s only conference devoted to library instruction, information literacy, and information fluency. Sessions explore both research-based and applied subject matter, and are attended by librarians from Canada, the United States, and beyond with a variety of teaching and learning interests.
The theme of the WILU 2016 conference is Intersections. Intersections refers to:
- education that is instructor lead and community generated;
- the growing interdependence of information literacy and digital literacy;
- the pedagogical impact on practice in the classroom;
- the growth of educational innovation and reflective sustainable practices;
- preparation for academic work and building enthusiasm for life-long learning; and
- the goals of the library nurturing an information literate community through partnerships outside of our own institutions.