CFP: 2018 ABQLA Annual Conference
December 6, 2017
Association des bibliothécaires du Québec – Quebec Library Association (ABQLA) is pleased to invite members of the library and information professional community to submit conference proposals for their 86th annual conference to be held in Montreal on Friday, May 4th, 2018. The theme for this year’s conference is “All Inclusive: Leading, Inspiring, Empowering.” In an era of divisiveness and exclusion, libraries can play an important role in welcoming and empowering members of their communities.
How does your library celebrate diversity? What services do you offer that empower your patrons? How is your library ensuring a safe and welcoming space for all? The ABQLA Conference Committee strives to provide a range of sessions that are of interest to the broad library community, and we encourage proposals from libraries and organizations of all sizes.
Types of proposals
- Presentation: 30 to 45-minute sessions on research, projects, best practices, etc.
- Workshop: 45 to 60-minute interactive sessions that engage participant in intensive discussion and/or activity.
- Poster: short graphic presentations that will be presented in a special poster session.
Guidelines & Instructions
- Submissions and presentations may be in either English or French.
- Proposals must clearly indicate the nature of the subject matter and its relevance to the conference theme, as well as two learning outcomes for participants.
- The one-day registration fee will be waived for the primary speaker (workshops and individual presentations).
- The one-day registration fee will be discounted 50% for the primary poster presenter.
- All proposals will be peer reviewed by the ABQLA Conference Program Committee.
- The submission deadline is January 21, 2018.
- All submitters will be notified by February 5, 2018.
To submit your proposal visit: http://abqla.qc.ca/conference/2018/call-for-proposals