Call for Proposals: 87th ABQLA Annual Conference
December 1, 2018
ABQLA is pleased to invite members of the library and information professional community to submit conference proposals for their 87th annual conference to be held in Montreal on Friday, May 24th, 2019. The theme this year is “Everyday Superheroes,” and the conference will be a venue for presenting and discussing the services, spaces, collections, and people that make positive contributions – big and small – to our communities.
How does your library make a difference in the lives of its patrons? What innovative programs or services have you launched to empower others? What creative ways have you found to meet a need or solve a problem? The ABQLA Conference Committee strives to provide a range of sessions that are of interest to the broad library community, and we encourage proposals for presentations, workshops, and posters from libraries and organizations of all sizes.
Guidelines & Instructions
- Submissions and presentations may be in either English or French.
- Proposals must clearly indicate the nature of the subject matter and its relevance to the conference theme, as well as two learning outcomes for participants.
- The one-day registration fee will be waived for the primary speaker (workshops and individual presentations).
- The one-day registration fee will be discounted 50% for the primary poster presenter.
- All proposals will be peer reviewed by the ABQLA Conference Program Committee.
- The submission deadline is January 20, 2019.
- All submitters will be notified by February 15, 2019.
If you have any questions or comments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org