Call for Proposals – C-EBLIP Fall Symposium: Librarians as Researchers
June 2, 2018
The fourth Centre for Evidence Based Library and Information Practice (C-EBLIP) Fall Symposium: Librarians as Researchers will take place on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at Wanuskewin Heritage Park, Saskatoon, SK. This one-day conference (with complimentary registration including nutrition breaks and lunch) is designed to facilitate sharing, collaboration, and networking with the focus on librarians in their researcher roles. The symposium consists of a series of single-track sessions, along with a keynote address and time for networking.
Conducting research and disseminating the results are important activities for practicing librarians. Whether it’s a requirement for tenure and promotion, part of evidence based library and information practice, curiosity, contributing to one’s own practice, or contributing to the field of librarianship, librarians approach research from the unique perspective of practice. The librarian as researcher is becoming less of an anomaly and more just part of the job.
We welcome proposals for sessions not only on the research being done by librarians, but also on how librarians do research (tips, tricks, methodology, collaborative efforts, etc.) and why librarians do research (motivations or inspirations). Sessions are 20 minutes in length which includes time for questions. Session topics should broadly relate to one of the focus areas of the symposium:
- Research being done by librarians – Results of research projects, a project in its interim state, experiences with conducting research, etc.
- How and/or why librarians are conducting research – Methods, techniques, tips, tricks, inspirations, motivations, philosophical underpinnings of conducting research.
Session proposals should include the following:
- Your name, affiliation, and contact information; the names of any additional speakers
- Title of the presentation
- Description of the presentation (no more than 200 words)
- How the proposal links to a focus areas (research being done by librarians; how/why librarians are doing research)
- 2-3 outcomes or takeaways
Submission deadline is Tuesday, July 31, 2018.
Applicants will be advised of the status of their proposal by the week of August 13, 2018.
Submit proposals here: C-EBLIP Proposal Submission Form