Funding Opportunity via Accessibility Standards Canada
February 5, 2020
Advancing Accessibility Standards Research
The Accessibility Standards Canada — previously known as the Canadian Accessibility Standards and Development Organization (CASDO) — grants and contributions program supports research projects that try to find, take away and stop obstacles to accessibility. This research will help to inform the accessibility standards in the future.
The main goal of the grants and contributions program is to allow Accessibility Standards Canada to work with a lot of different people and organizations across Canada to move forward accessibility standards research. The priority areas for 2020 to 2021 are:
- Emergency measures
- Built environment including parks and outdoor recreation facilities
- Information and communication technologies
- Indigenous accessibility
- Accessible communications
Some of the other program goals include:
- Involving persons with disabilities, other experts and organizations, to inform the research plans
- Finding and sharing research, information, best practices, tools about accessibility obstacles and standards
Who can apply
To be able to get funding, your organization must be a Canadian organization that is part of one of these categories:
- research or educational institution (such as a university)
- not-for-profit organization (an organization that does not make money for itself)
- Indigenous organization (including band councils, tribal councils and self-governing organization)
- municipal (local) organization
- provincial or territorial (P/T) organization (except for provincial or territorial governments); or
- for-profit organization (an organization that can make money for itself as long as the type of activity and the reason for the activity is not a business, for example, it is not meant to make money)
Applications will be accepted between January 8, 2020 and February 28, 2020 at 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST).
How to apply
Read the whole Applicant guide before filling out your application.
You must hand in an application form that has been filled out along with documents by February 28, 2020 at 3:00 pm EST for your project suggestion to be reviewed.
If you require help or accommodations for any of the forms, instructions or documents, (about your participation in this process) please send us an email before February 14, 2020 at 9:00 am EST and we will help you.
Guides and help