Canada’s True North Science Boot Camp (TNSBC) – Call for 2019 Proposals
March 19, 2018
The True North Science Boot Camp was conceived in 2013, as the result of a discussion on the Canada-STS-L email list. The TNSBC for Librarians is an annual two-and-a-half-day educational event offering librarians an opportunity to learn about science. The primary emphasis is on lectures from scientists discussing their field and their individual research. TNSBC has also included sessions that address the library side, with sessions on issues such as scholarly communications and research data management.
TNSBC helps to provide librarians with context and terminologies of science disciplines that will enable them to better engage with their faculty to provide research services. Hosted each spring on a different Canadian campus, the casual ambiance of Science Boot Camp promotes learning and camaraderie among librarians from Canada and beyond.
Required for the proposal:
- Description of theme (e.g. research data management in the sciences) or topics (e.g., chemistry, neuroscience, etc.) being proposed. You do not need to supply a detailed final program, just an outline with some proposed sessions.
- Description of optional activities being proposed.
- Dates being proposed.
- Accommodations proposed.
- Statement of institutional commitment (i.e., UL/AUL statement of support).
- Brief budget outline with tentative registration fees.
It is important to remember that TNSBC is a successful Canadian science and technology boot camp with an intimate atmosphere.
Previous TNSBC Programs:
- Proposals are for TNSBC 2019 and are due by June 11th 2018 at 5pm.
- The successful host will be contacted by June 22nd 2018.
- Proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 11th 2018 by 5pm.
- Decisions about the TNSBC 2019 will be made by the Chairs of the outgoing TNSBC 2018 Organizing Committee.
- To facilitate your thinking and planning, the TNSBC Organizing Committee has created a background document to help you with your proposal.
- If you have any questions at all about your proposal, please contact email@example.com. We can share the 2018 proposal and other details upon request.
The Chairs of the 2018 True North Science Boot Camp:
Krista Alexander, Concordia University Library
Danielle Dennie, Concordia University Library