Invitation to the C-EBLIP Spring Writing Retreat
February 6, 2018
The Centre for Evidence Based Library and Information Practice (C-EBLIP) invites you to the C-EBLIP Spring Writing Retreat, April 9-13, 2018 at the beautiful Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
This Spring Writing Retreat is open to librarians who are currently involved in research and writing, and who would like an enriching space in which to concentrate on those activities.
A dedicated writing retreat can help you finish a writing project, spark new research or writing ideas, and connect you with a group of writing librarians in a special setting. Much has been written about the benefits of writing retreats, citing informal learning, reflective practice, collegiality, and mentoring as some of the benefits in addition to the written output.
At this unstructured retreat, you are encouraged to write, rejuvenate, and make connections.
- Writing: There will be a dedicated writing space for all participants to work in a quiet group setting from 11am until 10pm on Monday, April 9; from 8am to 10pm on Tuesday April 10, Wednesday April 11, and Thursday April 12, and on Friday April 13 from 7am until noon.
- Rejuvenating: The relaxing accommodations and luxurious atmosphere of Temple Gardens Hotel and Spa is conducive to resting your body as well as your mind. Take advantage of the premiere Sun Tree Spa, float and swim in the mineral pool, or participate in mineral pool yoga.
- Connecting: In a smaller group setting, you will be able to connect (or reconnect) with colleagues who are researching and writing, just like you are.
The cost of the writing retreat is $981.56 (single occupancy including tax). The fee includes your accommodation for 4 nights, breakfast and lunch April 10-12, and breakfast April 13. Guests receive complimentary access to the mineral pools and all aquatic classes during their stay and on the day of arrival and departure. As sponsoring host, C-EBLIP will provide access to the dedicated writing space in the Temple Gardens.
Space is limited.
Contact Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa at:
- 306-694-5055 or toll free in Canada and the US: 1-800-718-7727, and ask for the University of Saskatchewan-Writers Workshop package.
- Or book online using this link.
Reservations must be made before March 10, 2018 to receive the special rate.