Call for Volunteers: Dalhousie SIM Alumni Association Executive and Committees
May 15, 2019
Looking for something exciting to put on your resume?
Put your name forward for the School of Information Management Alumni Association executive and school committee positions!
These positions have a minimal time commitment, and enable you to network and collaborate with other professionals.
If you or someone you know are/would be interested, please email Robyn Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 22, 2019.
This is a great opportunity to get involved professionally, and have a lasting impact on the future of SIM!
Chair, SIMSAA Executive
- Work with SIM to hold Outstanding Alumni Award/New SIM student welcome event in the fall
- May be asked to emcee the OAA/Welcome event
- Chair executive meetings and Annual General Meeting
- Ensure formation of selection committee for OAA
- Serve as SIMAA rep on SIM School Council, providing an annual report for its spring meeting
- Some emails, 3-4 meetings a year.
- Create agendas for Welcome reception and annual meeting (prior years’ examples are available to refer to)
- Write annual report for SIM School Council (prior years’ examples are available to refer to)
- 1 year term as Chair
- 1 year term as Past Chair
- Make arrangements for SIMAA’s functions
- Act as a liaison between SIMAA and SIMSA
- Member of the most recent graduating class.
- 3-4 meetings a year
- 1 year term
SIM Committee Reps
MLIS Curriculum Committee
- Reviews curriculum and curriculum feedback from students and staff, as well as core competencies of students/graduates
- Meets once per month over lunch
- Members may attend meetings remotely
- 2 year term
Appointments, Promotions & Tenure Committee
- Meet with the committee to consider appointments, promotion and tenure of SIM faculty
- Dependent on whether positions are being hired for, or if faculty are up for promotion or tenure.
- Must attend in person
- 2 year term