CFLA/FCAB: Wordmark/Graphic Identity Challenge
May 17, 2016
As operations of the new Canadian Federation of Library Associations/ Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques (CFLA-FCAB) are commencing we are looking for some assistance at creating our graphic identity.
We are asking member associations and libraries that have in-house graphics talent to spend a bit of time creating a concept for the Board to review. We will be engaging in conversations around this at the CLA Forum in Ottawa in June. We are not able to provide financial compensation at this time but will be recognizing those who submit and giving credit to the design creator.
Wordmark /Graphic Identity Challenge Requirements
CFLA/FCAB requires a wordmark or logo for graphic identity on letter head and website.
- Bilingual: Full words in French and English with acronyms
- Needs to represent the Nation – Suggest alignment with national symbol or colours (e.g. maple leaf).
- Good accessibility, legibility
- Please identify recommended font, colour
- Should not closely resemble current CLA or other existing library associations graphic identity
- Avoid emphasizing one aspect of library services such as book/literary theme
Deadline for initial submission: Monday, May 30.
Email to: email@example.com