Call for Proposals: Atlantic Provinces Library Association (APLA) 2020 Conference
December 9, 2019
Deadline: 31st December 2019 31 January 2020
The APLA 2020 Programming Committee invites proposals to be considered for presentation at the 2020 annual conference in Wolfville, Nova Scotia (June 9-12): Cross-pollinate. Cultivate. Change. / Brasser des idées. S’épanouir. Changer.
Libraries are always changing. We are seeking proposals that exhibit change in regard to services, collections, spaces, or policies through the experience of working with others. We are looking for proposals on the process, outcomes, or cultivation of relationships, collaborations, working groups, or partnerships on any topics relevant to library and information professionals. Special consideration will be given to proposals addressing equity, diversity, and inclusion. Finally, we invite your own take on the conference themes.
We are seeking the following:
- Oral presentations (45 mins with additional 10 mins for questions);
- Interactive panel discussions (60 minutes);
- Lightning talks (5-10 minutes);
- Pre-conference workshops;
- Poster sessions;
- Proposals that do not fit the above time and structure will be considered by the committee but are dependent on schedule, logistics and other proposals.
Please submit your proposals via email to email@example.com by December 31st, 2019 at midnight. Please include “APLA 2020” in the email subject, and please provide/specify the:
- Type: presentation, panel, lightning presentation, poster, pre-conference workshop
- Name, title, institution of presenter(s)
- Two-sentence bio of the presenter(s)
- Abstract (250 words or less)
- Language of presentation
- Contact information including email, address, phone number.
Presenters will be notified by February 14, 2020. Presenters are responsible for their own registration, travel, and accommodation.
We request that presenters make their presentation available on the conference website.
We would love to hear perspectives from public libraries, health libraries, special libraries, archives, academic libraries, and more!
APLA 2020 Program Committee:
Mike Beazley, Vaughan Memorial Library, Acadia University
Angela Reynolds, Annapolis Valley Regional Library
Ann Smith, Vaughan Memorial Library, Acadia University