Call for Applications: Digitizing Canadian Collections Funding
April 17, 2018
The National Heritage Digitization Strategy (NHDS) Steering Committee today announced the launch of the Digitizing Canadian Collections funding call.
Thanks to a gift from a private donor, this one-time opportunity will provide funds to organizations to digitize, make accessible, and preserve documentary heritage material of national significance.
Archives, museums, libraries, universities, colleges, and other cultural heritage institutions can apply to receive funding of up to $100,000.
To be eligible projects must:
- Focus on digitizing analogue documentary heritage collections of national significance, while also addressing access and the preservation of the digitized objects.
- Include content by or about Canadians.
- Follow digitization, preservation and metadata best practices.
- Agree to place metadata in the public domain and make the digitized objects publically accessible, within ethical, cultural and legal constraints.
Projects need to be completed by August 31, 2019. There will be no multi-year funding arrangements.
The deadline to apply is June 12, 2018.
- Funding and applicant guidelines
- Questions and Answers
- External Advisory Committee Members
- Online Application Portal