CARL Releases Strategies and Practices for Hiring and Retaining Diverse Talent
December 10, 2020
The Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL) this week released Strategies and Practices for Hiring and Retaining Diverse Talent.
Created by the CARL Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Working Group’s Retention and Recruitment Subgroup, the document provides a set of broad recruitment and retention strategies, each with accompanying suggested practices.
Strategies and practices are grouped in the following areas:
- Recruitment Strategies and Suggested Practices
- Understand EDI at your Institution and at your Library
- Grow your Candidate Pool
- Advertise for Diversity
- Hire for Diversity
- Retention Strategies and Suggested Practices
- Ensure Commitment from Senior Library Leadership to Develop an EDI Culture
- Foster an Inclusive Environment and a Sense of Belonging
- Support on-the-job Mentorships and Career Ladders