Casual Employment Opportunity (AS-02) at Parks Canada
September 14, 2016
Parks Canada National Library is looking for a qualified and motivated individual to join our team for a casual employment opportunity as a library technician/cataloguer.
The position is located at 111 Water St. East, Cornwall, Ontario.
- Library circulation (specifically interlibrary loan), acquisitions, resource description, collection management, research services.
- Cataloguing using Library of Congress Classification system; knowledge of MARC and use of integrated library systems (e.g., Vubis Smart).
Mandatory Criteria (resource must have the following)
- Graduation with a Library Technician Diploma from a recognized college OR Degree or diploma in a field related to the work performed.
- Experience in using an integrated library system (e.g., Vubis Smart).
- Experience with the application of metadata (use of MARC coding).
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience using Library of Congress Classification System.
- Knowledge of library services and functions (including acquisitions, resource description, interlibrary loans, collection management, reference and research services).
- Knowledge of Library of Congress Classification System.
- Ability to provide range of information-based reference and documentation services to a specialized clientele;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to plan and organize own work to meet established deadlines;
- Ability to work independently.
- Stand/sit for prolonged periods;
- Ability and willingness to bend and lift boxes up to 20 kg.
If interested, send your resume and a cover letter to Paula Clark Mann (firstname.lastname@example.org).