Young Canada Works (YCW) Extension to Application Deadline
January 19, 2021
The Young Canada Works (YCW) deadline for student jobs has been extended to Friday, February 5th, 2021. The internship deadline is not far behind!
Have you been challenged to design a project or to create a student or internship opportunity? Have you been struggling to increase your online presence during the pandemic? The pandemic has forced us all to adapt and be flexible. This has provided opportunities to work on-site, remotely, full-time, part-time or some combination of all of the above.
Below are a few examples of projects that were completed in 2020:
- An Ontario library hired students to improve their video accessibility and to produce closed captioning.
- A New Brunswick archives hired students from Ottawa and Montreal to work remotely through DropBox to create archival descriptions for recordings.
- An Alberta library transitioned their reading program from in-person to virtual delivery, offering an engaging program through social media that attracted new users.
- Several archival institutions were able to focus on their online presence and they produced engaging content that leveraged the talents of their YCW students.
CCA will be offering two information sessions for employers that would like to submit YCW student applications by February 5th. We will explore the key components of the application and assessment criteria, changes to the funding guidelines for 2021-2022, and we will discuss tips and options for adapting your YCW application within the current public health restrictions. Simultaneous interpretation will be available.
Advanced registration is required. To register for these sessions please visit:
- Session 1 – Jan 27th at 1pm EST Registration
- Session 2 – Jan 29 at Noon EST Registration
To submit questions for the sessions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Originally published January 13, 2021
Reminder: Young Canada Works 2021-22 Application Deadlines
The Canadian Council of Archives (CCA) would like to remind colleagues that the 2021-2022 campaign for the Young Canada Works (YCW) program for heritage organizations is underway. This program is funded by the Department of Canadian Heritage in support of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy.
Libraries operating in English and archival institutions can apply online for jobs for students (YCW in Heritage Organizations), and internships for graduates (YCW at Building Careers in Heritage) via the official YCW website.
Please visit CCA’s web site for more information.
YCW application forms can be found on the YCW website.
- The application deadline for jobs for students is January 22, 2021.
- The maximum YCW contribution per position is 85% to a maximum of $10,000.
- The application deadline for internships is March 1, 2021.
- The maximum YCW contribution per position is 85% to a maximum of $15,000.
If you have any questions concerning your application as a library operating in English, do not hesitate to contact Jameyn Arboleda (email@example.com).
If you have any questions concerning your application as an archival institution, do not hesitate to contact Louise Charlebois (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Canadian Council of Archives
130 Albert, Suite 1912
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4
Toll free: 1.866.254.1403
(Via Canadian Council of Archives)