Call for Applications: Young Canada Works (YCW) Internships
June 23, 2017
NEW and URGENT Call for YCW Internship Applications – Hire a Recent Graduate This Fall!
The Canadian Council of Archives (CCA) is pleased to announce a public call for applications for the Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage (YCW-BCH) program for graduate internships, to start this late summer and early fall.
This call is made possible through a new investment by the Department of Canadian Heritage and will permit CCA at increase the number of internships for archives and for libraries operating in English.
Institutions that are interested in applying are encouraged to visit our web site to review Employer Guide for the program’s guidelines as well as the list of government priorities before submitting an application online.
We wish to remind applicants that the YCW internship program’s goal is to offer a work experience to help a recent graduate who is entering the workforce.
- At least 25 internship opportunities may be created for archives (EN & FR) and libraries (EN) from applications submitted in March and waitlisted in May 2017; and
- An additional 35 internship opportunities may be created from this NEW “Call for Applications” ending July 21, 2017.
- Applicants can apply for up to $10,000 in financial support from YCW, but must contribute to at least 25% of employment costs (wages and benefits)
- YCW internships must have a minimum duration of 16 weeks (4 months), ending no later than March 31, 2018, and must offer 30 to 40 hours of work per week.
- Part-time employment is permitted for candidates with a disability.
Apply now! Submit your applications at https://young-canada-works.
Application deadline is July 21, 2017.
Don’t hesitate to contact CCA if you have any questions.
This project has been made possible by the Government of Canada.