Redesigned NewToBC Website Launched
April 6, 2021
Public Library InterLINK and the NewToBC team are excited to announce the launch of the redesigned NewToBC website. Over the past few months, members of the NewToBC team have worked with our web developer to re-envision and reshape the website to make it more accessible, more user friendly and user focused, and more dynamic. We are thrilled with the results and are delighted to share the redesigned website with you.
The NewToBC website is a well-used and well-regarded trove of essential information and resources that are meant to support immigrants and refugees as they settle in BC communities. Key resources featured on the redesigned website include:
- an exhaustive inventory of Immigrant and Refugee Programs and Services in the Mainland / Southwest region of BC,
- an extensive settlement information resource: Settling in BC: Questions and Answers,
- links to authoritative Immigrant Settlement Guides,
- information pages for libraries across the Public Library InterLINK federation, and
- a listing of and links to libraries in communities across BC.
The redesigned website also showcases NewToBC’s excellent blog, provides information about and opportunities to register for information sessions for upcoming cycles of the Library Champions Project, links users to library and settlement related news and events, and connects users to NewToBC social media.
We invite you to explore the redesigned NewToBC website and to share it with other library board members and with other members of your communities. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Ben Hart (NewToBC Project Coordinator; email@example.com).
Finally, Public Library InterLINK would like to acknowledge and express our gratitude for funding from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada that made the redesign of the NewToBC website possible.
(Via Public Library InterLINK)