Summary Report on LAC Forum with University Partners on Disruptive Technologies
July 22, 2019
Library and Archives Canada (LAC) has released a summary report from the Second LAC Forum with University Partners on Disruptive Technologies in Memory Institutions and Academia, held in March 2019 in Ottawa.
The event brought together more than 200 participants, including public servants, academics, librarians, and other information management professionals, to discuss the impact of “disruptive” technologies on their respective professions, and to explore common challenges and opportunities that might exist between and across these professions.
The report summarizes key highlights from the event, which relate to:
- Digital competencies and digital literacy in a disrupted world;
- Big data, artificial intelligence, data mining and related technologies;
- How university libraries are experiencing digital transformation;
- Training needs for federal employees; and
- Impacts of disruptive technologies on business processes and operations.