CFLA Survey on Voilà, the National Union Catalogue
November 21, 2018
The Canadian Federation of Library Associations (CFLA), in partnership with Library and Archives Canada, is conducting a survey on the move of the National Union Catalogue to the OCLC-hosted platform Voila “to gather information to help inform necessary parties to work toward solutions.”
Deadline: December 14, 2018
At the time of the transfer to Voila, were you actively using AMICUS?
If yes: How were you using the service (select all that apply)?
- Contributing cataloguing information (How many items were you contributing per year)
- Searching the catalogue (Did you find the service useful?)
- Making ILL requests (How many ILL requests would you make per year?)
- Downloading AMICUS records through another service provider?
- Other (Please specify)
If no: Please explain why you were not using the service.
Do you currently subscribe to OCLC?
What service(s) do you currently subscribe to:
- Cataloging & Metadata – e.g. (WorldShare Metadata Services, OCLC Cataloging Subscription, Dewey Services, Contract Cataloging, CatExpress, WorldCat Cataloging Partners)
- Resource Sharing – e.g. WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, ILLiad, RELAIS
- Discovery & Syndication – e.g. WorldCat.org, WorldCat Discovery Services
- Digital Collection Management – e.g. CONTENTdm, Digital Archive, WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway
- Virtual Reference – e.g. QuestionPoint
- Library Management – e.g. WorldShare Management Services, Acquisitions, & Circulation. WorldCat Discovery, WorldCat Local, WorldShare Metadata Services, WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, WorldShare License Manager, WorldShare Collection Evaluation, EZproxy
- Other (please specify)
How much do you pay for your service(s)?
Do you use all of the services you pay for?
If you are not already, do you have plans to subscribe?
If yes: What service(s) are you planning to subscribe to? What will be the cost to subscribe to the service(s)? If no: Please explain why you are not considering subscribing.
Do you use other service providers for services that support cataloguing and ILL Service?
Does your province/territory have a collaborative cataloguing/ILL service?
Have you applied to receive support from the Library and Archives subsidy fund?
If yes: What was the outcome? If no: Please explain why you did not?
What creative solutions would you like to propose to assist LAC and the Canadian library community in ensuring that the NUC(Voila) is as comprehensive and accessible as possible?
Are you interested in working with LAC and other library partners to identify creative solutions ? (ie – third party arrangements, etc., )
(Via Canadian Federation of Library Associations)