Updates from Future CLA Working Group
April 24, 2015
The Future CLA Working Group, established by the attendees at the Future CLA Stakeholder Forum in January 2015, has updated its blog with several new documents:
- Meeting Notes from the March 20 teleconference
- Working Group Terms of Reference
- Draft Timeline for Development of a Future CLA Proposal
Terms of Reference
- To review the notes of the Stakeholder Forum and feedback received regarding the proposed model.
- To research and review options for the proposed federated model for CLA.
- To make recommendations to the Future CLA Stakeholder Group regarding the proposed federated model, including purpose, governance, membership, and financial structure.
- To incorporate Stakeholder Group direction into a revised proposal for consideration by associations and the various associations’ memberships.
- To advise on broader community engagement and consultation on the revised discussion paper.
|Send detailed proposal materials to Stakeholder Group. Issue member update.||May 15, 2015|
|Meet with Stakeholder Group to discuss details of proposed revision||June 2, 2015|
|Present facets of model for discussion with members at CLA Conference||Conference|
|Assemble feedback from CLA and other sources for Working Group review||June 15-25|
|Identify revised proposal changes (version 2)||July|
|Confirm revised proposal facets with large stakeholder group and complete revised proposal (version 2)||August|
|Issue revised proposal (version 2) to library community||September|
|Consultation with various library association memberships and library community. Gather feedback and confirm revisions to version 2.||October/
|Prepare final proposal (version 3)||December|
|Issue final proposal (version 3)||January 1, 2016|
|Decision-making by member associations||TBC|
|CLA vote on motion||TBC|