Celebrate Canadian Library Month and National Cookbook Month!
October 7, 2018
We know October to be Canadian Library Month but did you know that October is also National Cookbook Month?
What better time could there be to share your favourite recipe with your colleagues in the GLAM community?
Call for Contributions: 2018 Librarianship.ca Cookbook
Librarianship.ca invites all foodies in the Canadian library and information community to contribute recipes for our 2018 Cookbook.
Do you have a favourite recipe scribbled on an old catalogue card?
A special dish from your local area? (Anyone up for tourtière or Saskatoon pie?)
A drink you mix to dull the pain of the budget meeting/board meeting/<insert meeting name here> (it’s 4 o’clock somewhere, right?)
Please send in your recipes by November 5, 2018 to email@example.com.
For each recipe, please provide:
- Recipe name
- Your name, job title and affiliation
- What type of dish is it? (Appetizer; Snack; Drink; Main course; Soup / Side dish; or Dessert)
- Number of servings the recipe makes
- How long it takes to prepare
- A detailed list of ingredients, with quantities listed using standard measurements.
- Detailed preparation instructions (Please check or test your recipes for accuracy before submitting them.)
A few additional notes:
- Everyone loves a good story so if your recipe has one, send that along too!
- Quantities for all ingredients should be exact and listed using standard measurements (i.e. teaspoon, tablespoon, cup), so that the recipe is easy to follow and repeat.
- If possible, please include a print quality photograph of your dish.
Every cookbook needs a name. Submit a suggestion for a title and if we choose your suggestion you can win a free copy of the cookbook.
Cookbooks will be available for pre-order in November with delivery at the beginning of December.
For more information, contact: