Call for Proposals: 2021 Manitoba-Saskatchewan Libraries Conference
March 23, 2021
The Manitoba Library Association (MLA) and Saskatchewan Library Association (SLA) welcome proposals for our first virtual MLA-SLA Joint Conference, taking place June 14-16, 2021.
The theme of Libraries: Better Together reflects the essential role of libraries in building and promoting diversity, inclusivity, and equity and providing space for cultural and public engagement. Libraries are a proactive, future-oriented force in life-long learning, innovation, social connection, and the economic well-being of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. The conference will offer a range of sessions that will be of interest to libraries of all types and all sizes in all sectors (academic, public, school, special).
We are seeking proposals for:
- Presentations (25 mins.)
- Panels (50 mins.)
- Lightning Talks (5-10 mins.)
- Interactive Workshops (90-120 mins.)
All submissions that support the conference theme, mandates of MLA and SLA, libraries, or librarianship, are welcome. Priority will be given to submissions that address:
- Cooperation and collaboration between groups (Cross-provincial partnerships are especially encouraged).
- Issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, especially addressing the lives and experiences of People of Colour in libraries.
- Issues of Indigenization in Librarianship.
- Content that provides tangible advice and concrete takeaways for librarians/library workers to implement in their organizations.
- Content that is focused on process.
- Content that encourages dialogue or expresses multiple perspectives on a topic.
- Information/Misinformation and informed citizenry.
This is a virtual conference and all conference programming must be delivered virtually. Presentations and lightning talks will be prerecorded for delivery and it would be required that the speakers be present for their Q&A.
Ready to submit? Visit our conference proposal site to start your application.
Submission deadline is April 30, 2021.
We will be using #MBSKLibraries to share updates leading up to and during the conference. We look forward to seeing everyone online this year!